YouTuber Nikkietutorials Comes Out as a Transgender : The Truth Behind Her Eleven Years of Silence

YouTuber and beauty guru NikkieTutorials shook the beauty community with her comingout story. 

Nikkie de Jager is Dutch makeup artist and beauty vlogger. She gained online fame back in 2015 after creating her most watched YouTube video, "The Power of Makeup”. It is such an inspiring video that encouraged many people to embrace their makeup free face. “I’m one of Nikkie’s biggest fans. I’ve been watching her videos for as long as I can remember. I would’ve never imagined Nikkietutorials is transgender” commented one of her followed. Although the fact that she’s a transgender changed nothing about how great of a woman she is in the eyes of her fans.  

In her emotional video NikkieTutorials started by saying; “Today I am here to share something with you that I’ve always wanted to share with you one day, but under my own circumstances,” . “And it looks like that chance has been taken away from me. So today I am taking back my own power.” Nikkie stated that she is a victim of cruel and evil blackmailers who threatened to spill her tea to the press. 
She continued  “I want to start the year off with the truth, I want to start the year off by finally revealing a part of my life that has made me who I am. I want to talk about a part of myself that makes me, me. I can’t believe I’m saying this today to all of you for the entire world to see but damn it feels good to finally do it.”
“When I was younger, I was born in the wrong body which means that I am transgender. Now, so surreal saying this. Filming this video is scary but it feels so liberating and freeing,”
Nikkie was very transparent about her transition: “Yes, I got fully-transitioned. By the time I was 14, I got my hormones because I’m a tall witch and I kept on growing”. She’s standing  6’2 tall.
“By the time I was 19, I fully transitioned,” she said. “I transitioned while on YouTube.” In the video NikkieTutorials encouraged people who are going through the same thing to embrace who they really are and to never hide the truth from their significant others. She stated that she wished if she shared this with her fiancé Dylan sooner  She also Asked people to respect their  privacy and give her and her fiancé some space to process this  
As Nikkie stated in her video “ it’s a beautiful story” and “ “I am NikkieTutorials and I am Nikkie,” she continued. “I am me. We don’t need labels. If we are going to put a label on it, yes, I am transgender. But at the end of the day, I am me. And at the end of the day, you are you.”
Her fans were quick to comment about how proud of her they are. Most of the comments were extremely warm and supportive. 
Nikkie wrapped up her video by thanking people who played important role in her life starting by her mother for her unconditional love and support, her manger for his continuous support ,and her fiancé for being there for her.

Comments